Often at work you can be busy working away on a task or project then all of a sudden, without warning your tummy decides to give off a massive roar… Whoops, What, When did I become hungry?
While the vending machine can be very tempting, here are some must have desk snacks to keep you satisfied without impacting on the hip line.
- Carrot, cucumber and celery sticks – good old healthy raw snack. You can even incorporate some homemade hummus if you desire, although if you need something easy and convenient to eat while working – carrot sticks are perfect.
- Nuts! Super easy and can keep in your draw ready for the niggling feeling. I have a zip lock bag of almonds ready to go and easy to grab.
- Protein Balls are great to keep you going until lunch if you need that mid-morning boost. I love this recipe from Amanda Ford. I make up a bunch at the start of the week and keep them in the freezer. They are delicious!
- Afternoon Green Smoothie fix – boost up your greens and make a little extra in the morning. Pop it in a container and leave it in the fridge for the afternoon. You may need to add a little extra water and some ice cubes, shake it up and have yourself a beautiful mid-arvo smoothie. Please Note: don’t drink it after one day and I wouldn’t leave it in the fridge overnight, you co-workers may not be too impressed
- Homemade Cup of Soup – perfect for the winter months and absolutely hit the spot! Make yourself up a nice vegetable soup, and pack just enough for an afternoon snack (if you are like me and pack more, you will eat it all and be too full). Heat it up in a mug and away you go… same sensation as having a cream of chicken cup of soup but includes real vegetables and all the nutrients that goes with it.