Lets get to know each other… as I sit to write this post, it was super easy for me to come up with some facts about myself that you may not know. This got me thinking… have I been as open about who I am and what I do as I first thought? Have I really dived into what makes me, me? How I got to this space of investing in white blank pages? And, what I love about this space… so I thoughts I would open up a little and share with you 5 things you may not know about me…
1. I come from a country town called Renmark. I grew up in the Renmark, a country town with the population of 10k and loved it. I could not have imagined a better childhood and place to call home. My life consisted of sporting activities, the Murray River at arms length and a social life I adored. I ventured to Adelaide to pursue my study (uni), embark on the big wide world and focus on my career – dreaming of the moment ever since I stepped into highschool. I worked at a pharmacy which I then gained my first ‘real’ 9-5 marketing position. All I wanted to do was have a career in the ‘big’ smoke.
2. My first trip overseas was by myself. I ventured off overseas for a month long holiday all on my own. At the age of 23, to Nepal and India. It was an eye opener, culture shock (which I was keen for) and experience of a lifetime. It truly does widen your experiences and view on the world. It exposed me to a life that I had never thought existed. It was incredible. Travelling alone really gave me time to explore my true self.
3. I was made redundant. Redundancy, no matter what the circumstance is not a pleasant experience. Apart from the obviously, monetary stresses, it can also be a blow to the confidence and leave you feeling very uneasy about your work and stills. In my experience, I was one of 10 people who where made redundant due to a decrease in business. I was fortunate enough to have the support from my workplace, that by the end of the week I had 3 interviews and was offered a position. There is life after redundancy and it can take a turn for the better.
4. I planned to get married in January 2015 but feel pregnant. Something that someone so organised and lives by a plan found a little difficult to adjust to. We had booked and paid deposits for the venue, band, celebrant, photographer and florist all to find out, exactly 9 months before our big day I was pregnant. So now, we will still have the wedding we originally planed, it will just be a pushed back exactly 12 months (and we will have a mini us attending). This taught me that there is room to readjust, rework and reschedule. AND things do happen for a reason.
5. I have a pet cat. Called Guiness… he is delightful, lazy and sometimes a little crazy. I was never ever a cat person and still don’t truly believe I am but gosh I have converted when it comes to Guiness and I do believe I might be a little bias. He does bring something else to the household giving that worm, homely feel.
It feels good to share a little bit about me and open up to my life.
Thank you for being here… claire x